Tuesday 28 August 2012

Gooey Leek Risotto

When you have a spare leek or two lying around in preparation for the 5pm throw together, my first thought is leek risotto. This recipe has been adapted from the BBC Good Food website recipe.

Leek and Parmesan Risotto
Serves 2

25g butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1 leeks, finely sliced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
75g short grain white rice
1 glass dry white wine (eg Chardonnay)
500ml vegetable stock
25g Parmesan cheese, finely grated

Heat a large saucepan and add the butter and olive oil.
Toss in the spring onions, leeks and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. 
Add the rice and stir. Pour in the wine and simmer until reduced. 
Gradually add the stock, stirring until the rice is tender.
Stir in the Parmesan and season.


How easy is that! Plus it tastes delicious. I don't bother with arborio rice. It's too costly and short grain rice does a similar job.

 Also:   I am heading to Europe next week so you won't hear from me for the next month or so. However, watch out for my travel chronicles on my return. All the best with your cooking 'til then!



No comments:

Post a Comment